Content marketing is a set of marketing technologies that involve the creation and distribution of an interesting audience of information (content) in order to attract potential customers to the company’s website.
Do not confuse: this is not advertising, not search engine promotion using classic SEO methods, not PR, and not lead generation. Content marketing is a voluminous mechanism consisting of many elements. It is effective only if all the elements work correctly, complement each other.
Obviously, the main cooked dish in this mechanism is content. Everything revolves around him; he is both the goal of implementing the marketing strategy and the key tool for achieving the goals set by the company.
- Content strategy development. Setting goals and objectives (fixing is required), developing criteria for evaluating the achievement of success in solving a problem, or achieving a goal.
- Analysis of the target audience. You cannot create quality content without knowing your audience. By the method of analysis, we find out its characteristics, interests, creative types, and images.
- Study of successful competitors. It is ideal for studying precisely those competitors who managed to attract maximum customers with the help of content marketing tools.
- Editorial policy. What kind of content will you create? Will you be able to do it yourself, or will you attract specialists, what budget will you stick to, etc.
- Identification of distribution channels. It is important to proceed from a content strategy and determine the effectiveness of information distribution channels, choosing the best.
- The constant increase in site traffic with a one-time implementation of content marketing strategies.
- A promotion tool that works for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Creation of high-quality content that is not afraid of search engine filters.
- Achieving maximum loyalty of the target audience, improving the brand reputation.
- Additional competitive advantages and increased customer flow.
The key to content marketing is to create and competently distribute content attractive to the target audience. It will by no means be an advertisement or a jinx (hidden advertising), but it will enhance the trust of customers in the brand and allow the company to get the maximum leads. At the same time, effective content marketing is a complex of elements and actions, a single mechanism, each detail of which should work like a clock.